Falling Off the Wagon?January 9, 2012 9:12 am
The world is changing for the better, and everyone is trying to be GREEN and follow through with their New Year’s resolutions. Now is the time where you begin to see everyone “fall off the healthy wagon.” Are you one of those people, or can you keep motivated to truly achieve the place of health satisfaction that you want to reach? We as a co-op community this week want to focus on keeping motivated to make our resolutions integrate into our lifestyle so that being healthy is as easy as breathing, laughing, and hugging! We will be posting new recipes, videos, EAT IT RAW classes, and ideas to our facebook page to motivate you to keep strong in your desires! Join the RAWvolution!
Before you grab that pastry, coffee, or fast food, ask yourself: why did I resolute to be healthy? Why did I want to make the choice to FEEL BETTER? The answer is most likely that you want to not only feel confident and alive in your skin, but also that you did not feel good after eating so much “junk” over the holidays. Were you eating food or product? Were you consuming “food” or were you stuffing emotions? Where is the root of your motivation? Before you can move forward, you must find this source of inspiration, and you must hold onto that feeling. This yearning in your gut combined with the vision of where you see yourself moves you forward! Time to manifest!
There are a few things to remember before you defeat yourself. Firstly, change takes time. Your body will not magically mystify itself overnight. Make a plan and take this stride one day at a time. Secondly, be patient and compassionate with yourself. You will not do everything perfectly, so come up with some “pick me up” phrases to tell yourself when you feel like you have done something wrong. Ironically enough, there is no wrong on the journey of health as long as you use each experience as a growth opportunity! Thirdly, find a team to support you through this if not partake in the adventure with you! This should be easy seeing that you have a co-op community of over 4700 people who are trying to do the same thing as you! When you pick up your box this week, make a goal to meet 2 new people! This is about the journey and not the destination. Who knows who or what is in store?!
Here are some more easy steps to keep you motivated this week:
- Stock up with your share this week! If you have healthy produce in the house, you are less inclined to purchase unhealthy items!
- Find some fun raw recipes that you enjoy in our recipe archive.
- Sign up for our EAT IT RAW Classes to teach you how to use your boxes and stay healthy forever!
- Watch our you tube recipe videos!
- Follow our facebook updates for inspirational articles, reminders, and more!
- List the reasons WHY you want to be healthy. Envision where you see yourself and hold this in your mind to motivate you!
- Take each day one step at a time. Be gentle with yourself, and plan your days so that there is no lapse for relapse.
- Before you stick unhealthy foods in your mouth, remember that YOU are the one responsible for consuming it. How will that make you feel? Most likely guilty, disappointed, and icky.
- Enjoy as much fruit as you want! Go crazy! There is no limit to fruit consumption!
- Make it a goal to meet 1-2 new people in the co-op who are getting healthy and find friendship and support with them!
- If you are serious about going raw and if you want raw coaching from Kristina, simply email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You CAN do this, and there are steps that you can take to keep yourself motivated! Hopefully, this newsletter motivated YOU to keep with your New Year’s resolutions so that you can fly through the year with light, love, confidence, and happiness! Lettuce change this world one happy smile at a time. We only feel vibrant when we feel uplifted and at our healthy best! We have SO many local items coming in, I can’t even name them here, so check our list below! Keep it up everyone! You can order your box by seeing the link below or by clicking here!
I am SO excited to see everyone again this week! Thanks for creating such a beautiful family. We are so blessed that sometimes I simply cannot comprehend what we have created. I’m simply in love.